Canada TRV Application

Citizens from non-visa-exempt countries are required to have a valid Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) to enter Canada. It is usually issued with the same expiry date as your study permit. To apply for a TRV, you can visit the IRCC website and follow the instructions.

A TRV is an official document that demonstrates that you have met the requirements to enter Canada as a visitor. It is issued by a visa office and can be used to travel to Canada for tourism, business, or study. It is valid for six months and can be used multiple times. It is important to note that a TRV is not a guarantee of admission at a port of entry, as officers have the discretion to deny entry.

You must apply for a TRV before leaving your country of origin. You can do this online through IRCC’s website. Choose your country and follow the instructions. You may need to submit additional documents, such as medical records, employment history, or school transcripts.

You should also check whether you have a single- or multi-entry visa. Your visa type determines how often you can travel to the United States from Canada. If you have a single-entry visa, you can only enter Canada once. If you have a multi-entry visa, you can enter Canada as many times as you want until it expires.

Eligibility TRV eligibility


Citizens of certain countries require a TRV to enter Canada as a visitor, student, or temporary worker. If you’re a citizen of one of these countries, you can check if you need a TRV using the Find a Visa to Travel tool on the IRCC website. A TRV is an official counterfoil or sticker in your passport that indicates the type of visa you hold. It can be a single or multiple-entry visa, and it can have different validity periods depending on the country you entered from.

You must have a valid passport and proof of financial support to apply for a TRV. IRCC will review your application and determine whether you are eligible for a visa. Depending on your country of origin, you may be eligible for a multiple-entry or single-entry visa. Typically, the visa will be valid for the same length of time as your study permit and/or work permit.

It’s important to note that your TRV doesn’t represent your status in Canada – your study permit or post-graduate work permit does. If you’re in the process of extending your status from inside Canada, you should wait until you receive the new permit before applying for a TRV.


You can also apply for a TRV by filing a paper application with IRCC or an immigration office. However, the process takes longer, and you must include a number of supporting documents. Generally, you need to prove that you have a strong reason for entering the country, such as attending a conference or networking event, meeting with Canadian clients and colleagues, or visiting a family member in hospital.

Leave a comment