Can I Receive COPR From Outside Canada?

If you are a COPR holder, it is important that you travel to Canada and make your formal landing. This is especially important during the COVID-19 pandemic. Your COPR is a record of your arrival in Canada as a permanent resident and cannot be extended. You will need it when you apply for a Canadian passport or a Social Insurance Number (SIN).

Generally, you are permitted to travel outside Canada with your PR card. However, you are required to keep it with you and present it at Canadian ports of entry when re-entering the country. This is to ensure that the card is not lost or stolen and that you are the only one using it. If you are unsure whether or not you can use your PR card while traveling abroad, contact your immigration consultant to discuss this issue with them.

You can also notify IRCC of your new address in Canada by using their online address notification tool. This can be done up to 180 days after your arrival in the country. However, it is recommended that you do so as soon as possible to ensure that your card arrives before the expiration date.

When you decide to mail your card outside of the country, pack it carefully and include a return address. Also, be aware that your package may be subject to inspection by Canadian Customs and Border Services (CBSA). If it is found to be in violation of CBSA regulations, it could be seized or returned to sender.

If your PR card is seized, it will be destroyed, and you will have to submit a new PR application to IRCC and meet the eligibility requirements. Therefore, keeping your card with you while traveling is always best.

How Can I Get PR from USA to Canada

How Can I Get PR from USA to Canada?

If you’re a US citizen, there are a few different ways to get permanent residency in Canada. One way is through the Express Entry program, which offers a fast and efficient process for American citizens to apply for PR. This system uses a point-based system to evaluate applicants and invites the highest-scoring candidates for permanent residency.

Another way to get permanent residency in Canada is through the Start-Up Visa, which allows foreign nationals to open business in Canada and create jobs for Canadians. This visa is available to entrepreneurs who are interested in establishing new businesses or investing in existing companies. It’s important to note that you must have substantial financial resources to qualify for the Start-Up Visa.

Whether you make a soft landing or move to Canada permanently, it’s important to have all your documents in order. When you arrive at your port of entry, you’ll need to have a valid passport and visa (if necessary) and proof of settlement funds. You can use cash, traveler cheques, or bank drafts to prove that you have enough money to support yourself and your family in Canada. It’s also a good idea to bring your COPR, which will help speed up the process of getting your card. If you don’t have your COPR with you, you can have it mailed to a friend or family member in Canada, who will then ship it to you.

Leave a comment